PP and PET Strapping Band
Polypropylene (PP) & polyester (PET) strapping band-aids various secure commodities inside a container to reduce movement and enable the smooth shipping of goods.
Why do we need strapping bands?
When shipping goods in boxes and cargo, movement may occur during transit when the container is tilted around. When these boxes and cargo shift, it may cause the goods inside to shift and may cause damage to goods due to impact. Packaging solutions, such as void fillers, shoring, wedging, and netting, can help prevent damage from movement and impact.
Two types of strapping bands are composite polyester strapping bands and PP & PET strapping bands, which are a safer alternative to steel strapping. Made of high tensile polyester yarns, strap PP & PET strapping bands onto goods and fasten with wire buckles. Strapping bands firmly hold goods together with the wire buckles, preventing movement and toppling.
- With a traction force of 470 to 2400 daN, strapping bands are extremely firm and robust, able to hold and secure large and heavy goods.
- Due to their durable material, strapping bands are long-lasting. They do not splice, are highly tear-proof, with low elongation, absorb very little moisture, and do not rust easily.
- High shock absorption rate, which further minimises damage from impact.
- It can be re-tensioned in volume loss in the packaged goods and has a high breaking load, linear and within the system.
- Flexible and universally applicable, strapping bands have limited resistance against lyes and acids, a one-stop solution for multiple products.
- Strapping bands will not cause damage to most surfaces due to their smooth material and surface.
- Minimal risk of injury to workers when using strapping bands.
- Applicable in baling press machines with its special glue coating
Ship goods with strapping bands, prioritise safety and reduce the loss of goods with the right belt width, length, coil, and linear system.
Please send us an enquiry to find out more about our strapping bands.
- No damage to most surfaces
- Does not corrode
- Easy to handle
- Low investment cost
- High shock absorption
- Limited resistance against lyes and acids
- No risk of injury for shippers or consignees in using or opening the strapping
- Special glue coating for usage in baling press machines available
PP and PET Strapping Bands Product Brochure - Humi Pak Malaysia: Download