ShockWatch tubes are impact indicators designed for integration into products to monitor and detect instances of excessive impacts effectively. These impact indicators are made to be used where space is limited.
Packaging Indicators for Monitoring Impacts
Impact sensors are visually prominent devices that activate mechanically, displaying a bright red colouration upon impact occurrence. The shock sensors can be incorporated into a product’s design to assess whether mishandling has led to misalignment, compromised product calibration, or warranty-related repair concerns.
The selection of the impact monitoring devices is based on the impact amplitude and duration, which together determine the damage profile of a given product. Heavier products tend to be more vulnerable to damage caused by lower g amplitudes and longer durations, whereas lighter products are more susceptible to higher g amplitudes and shorter durations.
- Effective impact monitoring
- Space-saving design
- Visual activation
- Assess mishandling effects
- Power-efficient operation
- Streamlined integration
- Easy installation
- Tailored damage profiling
- Versatile protection
- Product preservation
- Indication Type: Visual, irreversible white-to-red colour change
- Activation Method: Live at the point of manufacturing
- Operating Temperature Range: -25°C to 80°C
- Activation Angles: Near 360° impact sensitivity. See Planar and 3D activation angle graphs.
- Impact Duration: 0.5 to 50 msec
- Accuracy: +15% at 20°C, 1 ATM
- Responsiveness: Responds to Single Impact
- Product Shelf life: 2 years from the date of manufacture when stored at 20°C, 1 ATM
- 0.675” +0.01” x 0.094” +0.002” Small Devices
- 0.750” +0.01” x 0.135” +0.003” Large Devices
- Large Devices (Lower sensitivities): T-85, T-75, T-65, T-55
- Small Devices (Higher sensitivities): T-47, T-35, T-30
- Weight – Varies by sensitivity: 0.2608 grams +5% or less
- Sensitivity: Available from 10 to 500G
- Duration: Ranges 1 to 50ms
- Responds to a single impact beyond the desired threshold
- Possible to monitor for impacts on a 360° axis
- Operation: 2 years from the date of sale, when stored at standard temperature and pressure (20°, 1 ATM)
ShockWatch Tube Product Brochure - Humi Pak Malaysia: Download