Pallet Slip Sheets
Pallets are often more expensive and sometimes require repair or additional treatment. With functions similar to pallets, slip sheets can be used in material handling and help in utilising space. Unlike traditional pallets, slip sheets are cheaper, lighter, hygienic, wood-free, and 100% recyclable.
What are Slip Sheets?
Slip sheets are thin sheets that can load or unload goods made of paper or corrugated materials. The packaging material comes in various specifications to meet different requirements. Slip sheets are placed under a load, and with the help of the forklift’s fork, it is being pushed or pulled by a special attachment such as the “Push-Pull,” which can be easily attached to any forklift truck.
The push-pull grips and clamps onto the Slip Sheet tightly by the channelling, and by pulling the load with the Slip Sheet under them onto stable forks, it moves it all to a container. This allows the Pallets to remain at the warehouse, allowing you to reuse them without transporting them back or fearing misplacing them in transportation. Other attachments, such as roller forks and modern conveyor systems, can also be used in place of the push-pull.
Back in the mid-1940s, slip sheets were first used for canned fruits. With pallets taking up too much storage space, users opted for slip sheets to reduce storage costs. As time progressed, slip sheets’ use became more popular as businesses realised that not only were Pallets challenging to maintain, the cost of pallets was increasing.
Moving forward to 1991, businesses discovered the many practical uses of slip sheets through the company, Micropolis, which modernised slip sheets by using the application in airfreight. Today, Slip Sheets can be seen in various industries and applications, from semis, air, and sea to storage.
In comparison with pallets, slip sheets offer a significant number of advantages.
- Lower purchasing cost in comparison to pallets.
- Maximises warehouse space – Slip Sheets take up significantly lesser storage space than pallets and allow more loads to be placed and stacked.
- Lower transportation cost – With their light-weighted design, slip sheets can reduce storage space, allowing more goods to be loaded, which helps to reduce transportation costs.
- Environmentally friendly – Slip sheets are 100% reusable and recyclable.
Before using Slip Sheets, take note of a few points to ensure smooth loading and transportation of goods. Know the proper unit load for the goods and understand the product specifications before determining a suitable slip sheet. Have the appropriate equipment available and ensure adequate training is in place.
Learn more about slip sheets here!
- Reduces the cost of materials, freight, labour, repair, storage, and disposal
- Environmentally-friendly, wood-free, hygienic, and 100% recyclable
- Compatible with standard forklifts outfitted with Push-Pull attachments, roller forks, and modern conveyor systems
- Ideal for both domestic and international shippers