Monitor and record vibration and impact during transportation and storage with the ShockLog® 298. This data recorder is an advanced impact monitoring and recording device. It uses innovative tri-axial piezoelectric accelerometer technology, making it one of the best impact monitors and recorders in the ShockWatch series.
This device can record vibration and impact events as well as internal temperature up to 870 events. It comes with multiple sensors that help in recording direction, impact duration, force, and amplitude. The data obtained through ShockLog® 298 can be used to determine baseline damage to the boundaries, identify mishandling during shipping, alarm recipients for inspection of products or equipment about potential damage, and make necessary changes to the product handling and packaging.
Due to the self-contained design of the device, the ShockLog® 298 data logger does not need cables or wires to operate. It features LED lights that provide visual warning and alarm notifications. The battery of the data logger can last almost up to 18 months due to user-programmable values for wakeup. It is possible to transmit the monitor’s data through the iButton interface over wireless or USB devices.
There are many optional sensors available that help in expanding the monitoring capabilities of the device. With a GPS coordinate recorder, the users can identify the precise location of the happening. Optional sensors like humidity, external temperature, tilt, and roll monitors can also be used with ShockLog® 298.
- Records internal temperature, vibrations, and impacts
- Records duration, amplitude, and force duration
- User-defines system of alarm and warning
- RF screened and IP67-rated
- Programmable valves for wakeup helps in maximising battery life
- Records impact up to 870 occurrences
- Variety of optional sensors such as humidity, GPS coordinator, external temperature, humidity.
The ShockLog 298 data logger is suited to be placed on applications involving:
- Automotive parts (i.e. motors, pumps, engines, transmissions)
- Defense and Aviation (i.e. lasers, missiles, aircraft engines, satellites)
- Energy (i.e. oil and gas drilling, power transformers, nuclear materials)
- Medical and Research (i.e. lab equipment, MRI machines, dental chairs, x-ray equipment)
- Transportation (i.e. rail cars, cranes, trucking fleets)
Please send us an enquiry or get in touch with us to know more about the ShockLog® 298. Humi Pak also offers other impact-related solutions, including Packaging Indicators such as Impact Labels to indicate the magnitude of impact to help prevent damage to the products.
- Records impact events; max peaks X, Y, and Z; gRMS; and internal temperature
- Record up to 870 events and 262,000 time slots
- Sensors record amplitude, direction, and duration of impact force
- Field-proven triaxial piezoelectric accelerometer technology
- USB and iButton® data transfer options
- Self-contained unit design, free of exposed cables and wires
- Programmable wake-up values for maximising battery life
- User-definable warning and alarm levels
- LED lights for visual notification of alarms and warnings
- IP67-rated, RF-screened
- Up to 18 months of battery life
- Option to build temperature/humidity sensor into the unit, or add a temperature/pressure/ humidity accessory sensor
- Captures coordinates when an event occurs at summary intervals with GPS (optional)
- GPS allows users, through hyperlinks, to pinpoint the exact location of an event and summary with the use of Google Maps (optional)
- Operating Temperature Range: -22°F to to 185°F / -40°C to 85°C
- Size: 4.8in x 3.1in x 2.2in / 123mm x 84mm x 55mm
- Weight: 1.1lbs / 515g (without battery)
- Battery: 2 x 3.6V lithium / 2 x 1.5V alkaline size AA
- Battery Life: Up to 18 months with lithium battery
- Scale Factor: ± 2%
- Additional Error Other Ranges: ± 2%
- Acceleration Range: ± 1 to ± 200G
- Cut-off Frequency Options (Programmable): 10Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, and 250Hz
- Wake-up, Warning, and Alarm Threshold (% of Range): 5–95%
- Wake-up Time: 0.25ms
- External Power Source Option: 4.5V min / 30V max
- Software Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
ShockLog® 298 Product Brochure: Download