Battery Optimization is an additional component, optional to the Forklift Monitoring System. The battery optimization device is designed to significantly enhance the ability to achieve and improve battery life and utilization, lower asset and maintenance costs, and meet Material Handling Equipment (MHE) utilization and maintenance goals.
The Battery Optimization offers 3 levels of insight to help identify ways to improve battery life and utilization, reduce operational costs, meet business goals and improve the bottom line. Click on the key features to find out more!
3 Levels of Insights:
Goal #1: Maximize battery life and life cycles
BXOptimize can positively impact capital costs by:
- Reducing unnecessary charging and charging cycles
- Reducing premature pull-off
- Reducing overcharging that causes overheating/boiling over events
- Identifying problem trucks that drain batteries abnormally
- Identifying problem operators that do not charge timely/correctly or abuse batteries by the way they use the truck.
- Identifying problem batteries that over/undercharge or short cycle.
- Calculating the number of battery cycles, disconnects, temperature/boiling measurements, rates of discharge
- Delivering data that can be used for cost/benefit analysis and KPI development
Goal #2: Reduce the cost of charging batteries
BXOptimize provides valuable insight into by:
- Monitoring the number of charging occurrences, charging time and current levels of power consumed that equate the cost of charge to identify areas of improvement
- Calculating the cost of amp/hrs. by the time of day, day of the week, or other parameters you set
- Scheduling charging at the best time to minimize cost and improve fleet optimization.
Goal #3: Maximize battery utilization
BXOptimize can positively improve battery charges by:
- Identifying batteries with low utilization rates
- Optimizing charge timing
- Producing a charging schedule to maximize battery/truck uptime.